Posted on Friday, April 13th, 2012 at 8:16 pm
Best Buy announced this week that it has created a search committee to find a new CEO to replace Brian Dunn. Dunn abruptly resigned on Tuesday after the company began an internal investigation into his personal conduct. He had been CEO since 2009.
Best Buy said it will conduct a global search, including internal and external candidates. Mike Mikan, 39, who is currently serving as interim CEO is among the candidates for the position. The struggling electronics chain says the search could take up to nine months.
Expert analysts believe Best Buy will have trouble finding an experienced CEO that will be able to manage the major transitions the company is about to go through. Last fiscal year, Best Buy lost $1.23 billion.
If your company is looking for a new executive, consider hiring the executive search and management consulting specialists at the firm of Construction Hunters. To learn more about what Construction Hunters can do for you, call 214-989-6846 to speak with an experienced member of our staff.
Posted on Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 at 6:13 pm
Construction Hunters has developed an eight step recruiting process that is crucial to placing the right individual with the right company.
The eight steps of this procedure are as follows:
- Research and Discovery: Finding out basic information about the client’s company and their needs
- Constructing a recruitment plan: Decide on a candidate list that would meet the client’s obligations
- Targeted Recruiting: Honing in on applicable candidates and their accomplishments
- Candidate Evaluation: Inform the client about the right individuals for the positions needed
- Process Management: Making sure that the potential candidate is on the same page
- Reference Checking: Each candidate’s references will be checked and contacted
- Offering the position: The official offer will be extended to the candidate
- Accepting the offer: Once the candidate accepts, we will continue monitoring their shift
If you are interested in learning more about professional recruiting services, please contact the executive search and management consulting firm of Construction Hunters by calling 214-989-6846 today.