8 Facts on Construction Recruiters
Posted on Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 at 2:37 am
Construction staffing agencies work as a bridge between your organization and the prospective employees. They communicate with their clients, know their requirements and then find the right candidate who fits closer to the position.
Staffing agencies are vital for the economic growth of the nation. It is estimated that every year, staffing agencies provide career opportunities to about 16 million people in the USA. Construction recruiters with their well-developed network and expertise, find the best staffing solution for construction organizations. According to a report published in Fortune, in 2015, 45,000 new jobs were added to the construction sector.
In the construction industry, the firms hire both permanent and temporary workers. Temporary workers are hired on the basis of projects and are usually hired through construction recruiters.
Job openings in the construction sector are estimated to rise at a faster pace. A report by Job Opening and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) in 2015 showed a 36% growth in job openings in the coming years. Here are a few more facts regarding the construction industry:
1. According to the 2013 findings by the Center For Construction Research and Training (CPWR), there are almost 3.39 million organizations in the construction sector.
2. The same report also found that employment in Construction sector in the USA decreased by 2.7 million in 2010. In 2007 it was about 11.8 million while in 2010, it was 9.1 million.
3. About 1.1 million long-term workers in the construction industry lost their jobs between 2007 and 2009. However, by 2010, 44% of them were re-employed.
4. The number of self-employed people in the construction industry in 2010 was 2.5 million.
5. In the USA, only 12% of the construction organizations use day laborers. About 22% of the construction firms didn’t have any full-time employee on their payroll and about 8% of the construction workers were hired through agencies.
6. Employment in the construction sector is estimated to grow by 33% between 2010 and 2020. This is more than double of the projected growth of the overall economy of the USA.
7. The construction industry created almost 92,100 jobs in 2011 in all-green establishments. It created almost 1.2 million jobs in some-green establishments. In the USA, more than 70% of the construction firms use green technology.
8. Do you know that in the USA, more than 2 million construction workers (till 2010) were foreign nationals? The construction industry in the USA employs a large number of Hispanic workers and more than 75% of them were foreign nationals.
Hopefully, these insights have helped you get a clear picture of the construction industry in the USA. If you are looking for building construction recruiters to help you hire the right talent for your firm, call us today at 214-935-3626.
Job seekers: Now’s a great time to get into construction