Posted on Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 at 2:37 am
Construction staffing agencies work as a bridge between your organization and the prospective employees. They communicate with their clients, know their requirements and then find the right candidate who fits closer to the position.
Staffing agencies are vital for the economic growth of the nation. It is estimated that every year, staffing agencies provide career opportunities to about 16 million people in the USA. Construction recruiters with their well-developed network and expertise, find the best staffing solution for construction organizations. According to a report published in Fortune, in 2015, 45,000 new jobs were added to the construction sector.
In the construction industry, the firms hire both permanent and temporary workers. Temporary workers are hired on the basis of projects and are usually hired through construction recruiters.
Job openings in the construction sector are estimated to rise at a faster pace. A report by Job Opening and Labor Turnover Survey (JOLTS) in 2015 showed a 36% growth in job openings in the coming years. Here are a few more facts regarding the construction industry:
1. According to the 2013 findings by the Center For Construction Research and Training (CPWR), there are almost 3.39 million organizations in the construction sector.
2. The same report also found that employment in Construction sector in the USA decreased by 2.7 million in 2010. In 2007 it was about 11.8 million while in 2010, it was 9.1 million.
3. About 1.1 million long-term workers in the construction industry lost their jobs between 2007 and 2009. However, by 2010, 44% of them were re-employed.
4. The number of self-employed people in the construction industry in 2010 was 2.5 million.
5. In the USA, only 12% of the construction organizations use day laborers. About 22% of the construction firms didn’t have any full-time employee on their payroll and about 8% of the construction workers were hired through agencies.
6. Employment in the construction sector is estimated to grow by 33% between 2010 and 2020. This is more than double of the projected growth of the overall economy of the USA.
7. The construction industry created almost 92,100 jobs in 2011 in all-green establishments. It created almost 1.2 million jobs in some-green establishments. In the USA, more than 70% of the construction firms use green technology.
8. Do you know that in the USA, more than 2 million construction workers (till 2010) were foreign nationals? The construction industry in the USA employs a large number of Hispanic workers and more than 75% of them were foreign nationals.
Hopefully, these insights have helped you get a clear picture of the construction industry in the USA. If you are looking for building construction recruiters to help you hire the right talent for your firm, call us today at 214-935-3626.
Job seekers: Now’s a great time to get into construction
Posted on Thursday, June 21st, 2012 at 4:36 pm
A national online conference with the Associated Builders and Contractors have stated that they are unsure whether or not the construction industry will make a recovery in 2013.
The chief economist for ABC has stated that he is not convinced that the industry will recover by 2013. He went on to state that the construction industry lost more jobs in the recession than any other industry.
Since December 2007, the construction industry has lost more than five million jobs. He continued to add that the industry has added more jobs recently and think that they will continue to experience some growth in upcoming months.
If you are working in the construction industry and your business is in need of person to fill a management position, contact the building construction recruiters of Construction Hunters today.
Posted on Monday, May 21st, 2012 at 1:55 pm
The construction industry in Arizona is now beginning to recover as home prices have started to increase along with consumer spending in the region.
Beyond buying new homes, residents in Arizona are also making upgrades and repairs on their houses in order to stay in their homes longer. The state’s economy relies heavily on the construction industry and with the increase in spending, more jobs have been created.
The industry lost over 74,000 jobs in 2009 and 2010, so there is much rebuilding that needs to be done. In 2011, there was a gain of 200 jobs and officials in the industry have estimated that it an additional 5,900 positions will be added this year.
If you have executive vacancies in your construction company, it is important to fill them quickly, and working closely with an experienced executive recruiting firm can help. Contact the construction recruiters of Construction Hunters by calling 214-989-6846 today.