Posted on Monday, September 21st, 2015 at 2:29 am
A construction staffing agency primarily works as an employment agency that works mainly to match prospective employees to suitable jobs available in the market. These agencies try to match the needs of corporate clients with candidates that are working with. You need to have a specific skill set to attract construction job recruiters to match your profile to specific positions open in the best companies.
A construction staffing agency focuses on a particular sector within the construction industry. Staffing companies in the United States are constantly matching millions of blue collar workers to jobs currently available in the market. By some estimates, about 500,000 new jobs have been created in the construction sector in the last 12 months.
These agencies provide temporary staffing services for a specific duration usually a fixed term normally anywhere from 6 to 12 months. If a construction worker is hired on a direct hire basis, then the job is of a permanent nature. If construction workers are hired for a short term on a contract basis then it is a temporary position which ends once the project is completed. Client companies who are in the construction business often try to hire construction staffing recruiters to find the right workers to do the jobs that they are immediately working on. Here are some facts and figures about construction staffing agencies in the United States:
- About 79 per cent of the entire construction workforce is of temporary nature. The workers or the employees work on fixed duration projects and often are re-hired depending on availability in the market. Most staffing companies assist the workers in this regard.
- Most candidates can choose where, when and how they would like to work and despite working seasonally earn modest incomes.
- About 90% of staffing agencies in the construction space arrange for free training of their candidates and about 65 % of such trainees go through aptitude tests and skill augmentation programs.
- About 88% of construction workers believe short term employment leads to greater opportunity for permanent placement.
- Many construction staffing agencies are undergoing a rebirth despite the economy growing sluggishly in the US. Growth has made construction one of the key sectors that hires new workers.
Many construction staffing agencies provide high end skilled labor too and not all workers are low end and unskilled in the United States.