Posted on Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 at 8:09 am
Searching for jobs has become one of the most in demand areas of the internet. No matter how qualified you are, you will probably have to knock on a lot of doors to get the job you want. Job seekers and companies trying to fill positions are having a difficult time finding each other. Like all other sectors, construction search firms look for the most skilled and experienced talent in the industry, but at times struggle to find the right fit.
Social media has been able to bridge this distance between the job seekers and employers. Websites like LinkedIn have a huge audience which constitute employers and job seekers, but not everyone is able to connect with the right person or company at the right time. Appropriate status updates by staffing companies in this case help job seekers to find the right job. Here are 10 ways how staffing companies should use status updates:
- Get Targeted: Whenever posting a status update, try using filters like seniority, geography, job function which helps you to target specific segment of followers. Most people following a certain company look for a job with it, so it becomes easier for them to connect.
- Consider Who Sees Your Updates: Your posts will be seen by job seekers, existing clients, and potential clients, so make sure you reach everyone regularly. Make posts that interest all your audience.
- Make Use of Videos and Other Media: Studies show that posts that include YouTube links have 75% more views and share rates. If you are not interested in YouTube videos try using images, Slideshare, PDF’s, etc. These are sure to make your posts attract more potential candidates.
- Engage Your Audience: Make headlines interesting and catchy. Include a call-to-action in your posts.
- Use Existing Content: You don’t have to create content every time. There’s a lot available already and you can make good use of them. Pick articles, blog posts from well known websites or blogs and post them. This ensures high quality content and increases engagement with your audience.
- Connect: Comments are a great way to keep the discussion going and also helps you stay connected with your audience in real-time.
- Variations in Posts: Nobody would be interested in reading promotional articles every time. Cover up as many varieties of topics as you can while promoting your company or business.
- Post Regularly: Keep posting frequently as this enhances engagement and increases familiarity with new prospects.
- Look for Statistics: Study the analytics for your company page and see what works the best for you.
- Sponsored Listing: Finally you can take advantage of sponsored listings that give you more visibility.
Many companies including construction companies have been able to build highly skilled teams with this approach. So next time you are looking for construction jobs in New Jersey, look for status updates made by these companies and connect to them at once.